Thursday, February 15, 2018

Procrastination


Been intending to get a new pair of glasses for some time. See deals on the Internet but I'm way past due on a fresh prescription - like, it's five years old. Well, my glasses got knocked off a table at home. I stepped on them. Jury-rigged wearability. Not exactly comfortable ordering online so I searched for the best retail deal I could find.

One place, unmentioned, offered what seemed to be a good one. Insurance paid the exam. The other day, when I made the appointment for today, I browsed what they had and picked one out. Was told 50% off sale going on. I looked at the sticker price on the frame and figured that was the price of the specs. Deal.

Get done with exam and go to settle up. Whoa... lenses are cost too! I grumped but they were half off as well. But still - I am not a professional shopper and I can't get out of those places fast enough. I figure I need them right away, let's get done, that's it. I can use the new prescription to get a cheaper back-up pair. Anyway, not getting the exam done before the crush cost me.

Riding around a little, no shots presented. Had a conversation with someone last night about the parks in Phoenix as compared to many other cities. The fellow happened to be a landscape designer. I complained that all the city parks were the same, templated as it were, and no flowers. Nor do they prune the trees. He said the parks here were not designed for people but for dogs.

Did some more repotting. Here, a couple new ensembles. 


Cell: (c) SKG

No comments:

Post a Comment