Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Oh, Henry


Just love this print. The Noble Train. From Ticonderoga to Boston. Dorchester Heights. 1776-77. I wish I had known when I visited in 1973. Would like to have seen the view. Vamoosed the British fleet. Made use of it for Twitter profile. Keep my bearings and perspective as I haul the load.

Political posturing is a bane of patriots. Who can be affined but those who were there? Of questionable relation, Henry Knox a good role model for skill and loyalty. A book dealer in Boston, he affiliated with the libertarians and taught himself artillery ballistics from books.



Here's the Old Man himself. Was at Valley Forge too. All the way through to Yorktown. Was first Secretary of War of Constitutional government. A stout Federalist. Remarkable.

His persona came up in a tweet. Dealing with current congressional ineptitude and executive harassment. Just had a look at this article. You just can't keep up. I'm holding steady with the Donald. I give him my best. 

Well, I need to get far from the madding crowd. Thought to go to Tonopah to watch the sunset but has gotten too late in afternoon. The traffic on I-10 is murder. Think I'll go to the Estrellas. Break in some new boots. Pictures forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment