Saturday, November 30, 2019

@ Habitat


Sonoran Desert critter. Acromyrmex versicolor. They bite. Leaf cutters.
Friend, Gregory, gave me a paper to read. Nature, 1989. Foraging.
This image ©W.P. Armstrong otherwise. I wonder what's in my turf!
Aha... he told me but I forgot. An interloper here, he said. They bite!

Have been at local Starbucks. Much to do. Got new laptop, the old one suffering from LCD deprivation, black streaks coming on. Could replace but think I found good deal. Doing setup procedure. Issues crop up.

The new device is, like the old HP operating on Windows 10. But it is loaded with S-something and proprietary codes are clashing. Can't download Chrome browser, have to use MS Edge. McAffee either; must depend on MS Defender. Another learning curve using all the MS apps. One could unload it, evidently, but not now. Just want to get underweigh.

Nice barista here now. Liked a picture I gave her. They're very busy. Front and drive-thru. Have to ask to use the rest room. Locked and coded. Bit of a bear. A nuisance, really. Some of the other baristas are indifferent to the customers' "When you gotta go, you gotta go." They used to just give one the code. Sheesh. Homeless problem. Shooting up. Taking baths. Not our problem. Told my new friend, "Reminds of old joke: does Macy's tell Gimbel's?"



Merchandising. Big deal getting coffee. Faux pastries. We could go on. Told her she was kind to me. Appreciate it. Verde Valley pictured. From Jerome. San Francisco Peaks.

Saturday night. Church tomorrow. Might like to listen to some music but not much here on the near West Side of Phoenix. Funny thing; thought to go to acoustic place on East Side, coffee house sort of venue. No music tonight. A play the thing. About Wyatt Earp. Hmm - don't think so. A nice recital would be... nice.

Have online friend at Hangout. Met through Twitter. In Florida Keys. Has already asked for money. Cut her off for a while. Few days. How gauche! Too many Internet contacts get to be that way. Inch. Mile. Light year. Too much. She was reprieved. No idea of her financial circumstance. Doesn't work full time. Conflicting information. Sent her picture. Very good looking. Gorgeous? Told her to drop dead when she solicited me. Ameliorating, said she was drop dead gorgeous. Oh, I think I posted the picture already.


Just checked. Yes, I did. I ought to send her this. Let's rumble in the jungle! Very dicey repartee in slow motion. Patience of saints. Lord, have mercy. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment